Prometeo Oil Pan for 1.4L Engines | FIAT 500 Abarth
Prometeo Oil Pan
Increased capacity, high flowing oil pan for 1.4L Turbo Engines
Available in red, blue, silver or yellow
*Free Ground Shipping To The Lower 48 States*
Add To Wishlist
Prometeo Meccanica Oil Pan for 1.4L MultiAir Engine (Fiat/Abarth 500 & 1.4L MultiAir Engines)
Prometeo is pleased to offer to its own loyal customers the increased oil pan designed for Abarth cars but compatible with every 1.4L MultiAir Turbo engine car model. The oil pan allows a 2 liter (~0.53 US gal) extra capacity compared to the standard oil pan.
This Kit Includes:
- Oil Pan
- Anti-Shaking Internal Bulkhead
- All accessories needed
- Amazing anti-corodal filling plug with the indication to the service of an increased lubricant capacity
One of the main problems of a sport motor is the heat. High temperature is the cause of many damages including mechanical parts wear, micro-seizures provoking torque loss, abnormal fuel consumption, oil performance downgrade, etc.
For these reasons, every engine lubricant amount is set by the manufacturer very carefully. Anyway, sometimes you may feel the need to have something more, because you mainly exploit car mechanics in some fanciful situation or in some particular duty condition.
In medium or high performance motors, pan capacity changes from 3.5L (~0.92 US gal) to 10-12L (~2.64 – 3.17 US gal) typical of supercars. In particular cases of the 500 Abarth and Punto Abarth, this value is border line. The Abarth standard oil pan is conceived for stock power, so with higher power usage the stock oil pan could be under dimensioned. In these working conditions, a strong and sudden temperature increase would happen and oil, unable to be cooled down as in a normal duty cycle, would downgrade its characteristics very quickly.
On tuned cars, in the race world and in supercar engines, oil amount is essential to solve high temperature problems. An increased capacity oil pan can dissipate a high quantity of heat and allows an efficient lubrication also in high radius turns driven at fast speed or in last minute braking.
The 500 Abarth, GPA and Punto Evo engines suffer high temperatures; so 2 extra liters guarantee:
- Less premature oil degradation, allowing a higher travel between oil changes
- Better oil cooling, avoiding dangerous engine overheating
- Higher mechanical efficiency
- Chance to use a slightly higher level of viscosity; so, in case of heavy duty use such as in race, the oil can put up with thermal stresses, has better efficiency and leaks less from the seals
- Better oil cleaning due to higher circulation
- Continuous oil draught, due to anti-shaking bulkhead
- Maximum heat exchange with outside, due to material selection and pan shape with very sharp fins.
- Abarth 500
- Fiat 500T
|Oil Pan Color||
Blue, Red, Silver, Yellow
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.